Saturday, July 23, 2022

Solwezi Cellphone Repair Business Takes Off



By Derrick Silimina

Francisco Mwansa, 35, is one of the upcoming mobile phone repair names in North-Western Province.


Situated in the Kandundu car park area of Solwezi District, Mwansa’s phone repairing business caters for all brands. 


“I started my mobile phone repair business in 2016 with K1,000 after being motivated by experience I acquired after working for three years at COMESA in Solwezi. The business was doing well then, despite increasing competition,” Mwansa said. 


Despite not having been to any formal school of electronics, Mwansa explained that he learned the art from other phone experts from the community. Given an opportunity, he intends to study computer software engineering to expand his market In the IT industry. 


“My business is now worth over K5,000. Some accessories bring in business worth about K1,000. I intend to expand my business and employ other youths once I open a phone accessories shop and branches in Kalumbila and Manyama areas,” Mwansa hinted. 


With burning zeal to nurture his talent in the cell phone repairing business, Mwansa started attending the Kansanshi Mining Plc-sponsored business development training from 2018 to 2022.


He testified that the training had helped him in good customer care and record-keeping. 


“I now understand how to use a records book to indicate sales, daily expenditure and profits. My weekly profits are about K700 every week and I am currently in the process of registering a cooperative with 10 other members,” Mwansa said. 


He expressed glowing tribute to the KMP for the business training which has enabled the less privileged to acquire skills. 


The visiting mentorship team from Fortune World Investment, facilitators of the business training programme, encouraged Mwansa to save for further investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment